Senior Project Manager
TD Bank Group
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
The mandate of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is to make project management a core competency at TD, reduce execution risk and improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery by ensuring that core practices, capabilities and centres of excellence are in place across the Bank.
To effectively execute against the mandate, the EPMO has been functionally aligned into seven strategic pillars:
- Lead: End-to-end program delivery on select Major Initiatives on behalf of the Executive Sponsor in alignment with Enterprise Strategies.
- Engage: Provide Delivery Services on select Major Initiatives through established Centres of Excellence to improve delivery certainty.
- Strategy & Planning: Lead the overall EPMO strategy, develop Global Communications, Talent & Capability Strategies and manage EPMO Business Operations.
- Govern: Drive accountability through defined Enterprise Standards, Portfolio Governance and Executive Committee structure.
- Tools: Establish an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Platform and integrated Tools strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Agile Transformation (ATP): Define the Bank’s Enterprise Agile Methodology and Operating Model in collaboration with Technology and key control partners.
- CPDG: The Corporate Portfolio Delivery Group provides PMO services including Project Management and Portfolio Management to specific segments leveraging EPMO capabilities.
The Senior Project Manager will manage and deliver distinct projects on the EFAP roadmap. Accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Lead the delivery of Tier 1 high complexity project
- Manage across all components of the projects / sub-program; including: schedule (critical milestones), change management, testing, operational change management, etc.
- Manage project/program financials; manage changes to scope within an agile environment
- Build a flexible and agile team that is able to manage interdependencies across multiple streams
- Indirectly manage a LoB project team consisting of Business Analysts, Business SMEs and technology resources where applicable
- Engage executive sponsor to ensure active participation on project initiatives
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engage the correct levels to support the direction for the project
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Business Project Owner, Program Manager and Portfolio Manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries and escalate concerns from stakeholders at all levels in the organization (technical, business, Senior and Executive Management)
- Provide advice and guidance to business partners and project team as required regarding best practices in project management
- Collaborate with appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
- Deliver and own project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable and scope objectives
- Generate cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by leveraging appropriate tools, templates,
- Proactively identify and track project risk and develop mitigation plans to manage risk
- Accurately forecast and manage assigned budget to provide monthly financial reporting for projects in alignment with Finance standards
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activities and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery
- Apply TDBG principles of project management life cycle methodologies, tools and best practices, ensuring that appropriate documentation, change and risk management practices are in place
- Able to deal with highly complex solution and work environment
- Experience managing large and complex programs within financial services.
- Exposure to business architecture, process management, and change management
- Manage multiple stakeholders effectively communicating to executive while managing and delegating to more junior team members.
- Exposure and able to work within an agile environment
Regular business hours
Salary 38.46 $/hr
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.