These cunning brain teasers will help evaluate your logical reasoning. Look for the answers at the end of the articles to see if you coped with the tasks.
Police hire a detective to find an escaped prisoner. The detective narrows his search to one of three different houses. After taking a closer look at an aerial photo of the three houses, the detective instantly knew which house the prisoner was in.
Do you already know the answer?
- A genius can crack this one in just 10 seconds.
- Bill Gates is said to have solved it in 20 seconds.
- Harvard University alumni can do it in 40 seconds.
- If you’ve found the right answer in two minutes, you are among the 15% of people who are the most intellectually gifted.
- 75% of people found this puzzle impossible to solve and asked for a clue.
Here are five different shapes. The question is simple:
To solve this riddle, you must know that there are 5 houses of 5 different colors. There is a person of a different nationality in each house. Each person drinks a certain drink, smokes a certain brand of cigarettes, and has a certain pet. But no one drinks the same drink, smokes the same brand of cigarettes, or has the same pet.
The question is:
- The British man lives in the red house.
- The Swedish man has a dog for a pet.
- The Danish man drinks tea.
- The green house is to the left of the white house.
- The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
- The person that smokes Pall Mall has a bird.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The person that lives in the middle house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The person that smokes Blend lives next to the one that has a cat.
- The person that has a horse lives next to the one that smokes Dunhill.
- The one that smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to a blue house.
- The person that smokes Blend has a neighbor that drinks water.
Tip: The key to finding the answer is to discard all possibilities progressively until you reach the final solution.
John is trapped in a room. There is a table, a chair, 2 doors and a small hole in the ceiling (6 inches in diameter) there. Behind the first door there’s an extremely hungry lion that hasn’t eaten for a couple of days. Behind the second door there’s a glass tunnel that magnifies the sunlight, and it creates such a high temperature that even opening the door could kill John. How will he escape?
Here’s the question:
This one is very tricky:
- The prisoner was hiding in house A as this is the only house where the car was pointed towards the street for a quick escape.
- Shape 1
Explanation: At first you feel like the odd one out is the only green one. BUT…
What about the lonely circle?
Or the single small square?
Or the only shape with no border?
In the process of elimination, you’ll realize that the odd one out is the shape on the left, because it’s the only one that is not an odd one out!
The leftmost shape is special because it is not special. Congrats to those who found the solution! Make good use of your keen eye and extraordinary logical abilities.
- The Norwegian lives in the yellow house, drinks water, smokes Dunhill, and has a cat.
The Danish man lives in the blue house, drinks tea, smokes Blend, and has a horse.
The British man lives in the red house, drinks milk, smokes Pall Mall, and has a bird.
The German lives in the green house, drinks coffee, smokes Prince, and has a fish.
The Swedish man lives in the white house, drinks beer, smokes BlueMaster, and has a dog.
The German is the owner of the fish.
- He waits until it is night (he can see it through the hole in the ceiling) and then leaves through the glass tunnel.
Just turn the picture upside down.